Monday, October 27, 2008

My Spirit

Over the last several weeks I have given much thought to my spirit. When I don't feel well I seek something for my ailment, whether it be asprin or a hot bath, anything that will make my body feel better. I have spent time (too much) dieting and excerising to get my body in the best shape I possibly could. What about my spirit? Well, I have been baptized, confirmed and made covenants. I attend church and live the laws as best as I can. But is that enough? Will living a Christ Like Life be all that is needed to improve my spirit. When we have children we say, "Oh she was born that way. She has always been a happy child." I believe we were in the spirit world before we came to this earth and we came with what we had in our hearts and minds. I also believe that when we leave this world we will take with us what is in our hearts and minds. So, my question," What must we do to take back a better spirit? I hav efelt that special attention needs to be placed on improving our spirits. My daughter, Laura, talked about seeing the better things in life, focusing on the good not the bad. This is truely one way to improve our spirits. Reading the scriptures will make us better people, help us to live that Christ Like Life. As for me, having depression, I believe I must work on my spirit somewhat like I must work on my body. Living the gospel alone is not enough for me. Maybe Iam too had on myself and I should just let nature takes its course. I don't think so, I need to improve my spirit. I like myself the way Iam but I know when I leave this world I want my spirit to better than when I came into this world.

1 comment:

Laura D said...

Everyone needs to improve their spirt. All must 'Come unto Christ' and continue to work on that everyday of their life. We all get down some more than others but our Heavenly Fathers loves each of us, he wants us to know Him and feel his love. You are loved. We don't have to be perfect to be loved. It is sometimes hard to remember that.
(I love you too)