Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Life is too short

As one gets older, one realizes life is too short. I have said good-bye to too many family and freinds. Two years ago this month my sister died. It was just 2 days after her husband's birthday. His birthday is the 24th of this month. Today he passed. I spent 3 hrs and 40 min at the funeral home. I miss him already. I miss him more now even tho I have gone for weeks without seeing him. Its knowing it will or can be along time before I see him again. It is nice to think of him being with Marilyn again. Some times I think we don't slow down enough to really see our loved ones. Then they pass and we bury them so fast its over before we know. Then life starts up again, like they were not really here. We miss them and all but life goes on and we must continue. We don't take enouth time to smell the roses and then when the roses die we just get more flowers. I think I want life to slow down, to SEE life, to take time to hold on to everyone. I don't like change even tho I cause change as well. We lost one of our secetaries at school. She and her husband were killed in a car accident. I was supposed to attend her visitation today. School continued as if nothing had happened. Yes, people were sad, but nothing slowed down. Even tho it was an early dismisall for students, teachers could not leave to attend. They had to stay that last hour at school. I don't know exactly wha tI want to have happen. I know we must go on. But, shouldn't there be something more? What do think. Death (on this side stinks).

1 comment:

Laura D said...

I guess that is why we all must learn to love the moment we are in. Make the best of every day and it won't be so hard when we go. When I die I hope people think, "She lived a happy life and she must be so happy to finally be home."