Sunday, November 9, 2008

One full week of Birthday

As I finished an education conference in Mount Vernon, Il on Nov. 1st, I thought of my birthday that was coming in just 4 days. My brother has a birthday five days after mine. He has always been very special to me. So I decided to throw us a party. I had called everyone that is anyone and announced, " I'm having a potluck-weiner roast for David and myself on the 8th. That should have been the bjig day. The 5th wasn't going to be anything special. The 8th was to the day! But when I returned home, opened my front door, right there in front of me was my grandchildren. They were in their Halloween costumes. They were cute little kittens. But who was the baby? Who was the gjirl holding teh baby? Oh my gosh it was Sarah, Oh my gosh, the baby is Emmalynne! And Laura, she standing right next to Sarah. All I could do was say, "Sarah is you! Laura you are where!" Then the tears began to flow. What a surprise!! My daughters drove all the way from N. C. just to spend my bjirthday with me. Iam still in shock. All that way with a 5 month old, a 2 year old and my two oldest grandsons, Jared and Zach. They were here on till friday, the 7th. We had so much fun. I kept forgetting about the birthday party I was throwing myself. If that wasn't enough a perfect birthday, my best friend, Julie and her husband David, came for my party on Friday. Saturday came and so did 30 of my family members. Of course it was David's party too. But I was so happy that Iam still on a natural high. NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN FAMILY.

4 comments:

Sarah Ragatz said...

I had a great time Mom! All of the looking forward to your birthday and spending the week with you has nearly made me forget my own upcoming birthday. It just doesn't seem nearly as exciting as your birthday was!

Sarah Ragatz said...

Hey Mom, I tagged you. Just check out my blog to see what to do!

Laura D said...

Glad we could come! It was great. I love spending time with you and I love to surprize you!

Tammy said...

So, I tagged you too. I didn't realize Sarah had already tagged you. It's the same tag... (I guess now that means you have to do it!)