Friday, May 15, 2009

Their are NO Winners

Divorce is a terrible thing. Some people are just not meant to be together. They part and life goes on; but when children are involved......how sad. When my son and his wife divorced it was extremely sad. Children just can't understand. If the parents don't emotionaly support the children in all ways they have an even harder time understanding. That seems to be the case for my granddaughters. I love them very much. They will never hear me speak bad of their mother. She is the best mother they will ever have and they love her with all of their hearts. And that is the way it should be.
I am proud of my son for taking all of the verbal abuse that has come his way without playing the dirty game. It does make me sad to see lies being told. The girls share with me comments that are being said but can't express that they don't like it or they are made to feel bad for loving their dad. Why must adults act worse than children? The children can set a good example to follow.
As the girls get older they will look back and remember who did what, who said what and be able to judge for themselves. They are smart girls and I trust they will come to understand what has really happened. The truth will come out.
If you are in a divorce; please try to put your anger away. Don't let divorce hurt children any more than it has to.

2 comments:

loves2spin said...

I have heard it said that everything works out in the end, and if they haven't worked out yet, it's not the end yet. Father in Heaven knows what he's doing.

Donna Mae said...

Thanks for your input. I agree. When you know families are eternal it just hurts. I pray that in the end Heavenly Father will know and do what is best.